The mission of the Kennett Library is to serve as the center for life-long learning and the destination for the discovery of ideas, the joy of reading, and the power of information throughout our service area in Southern Chester County, PA.
Our vision is to plan, build and effectively operate a 21st-century regional library based here in Historic Kennett Square. We want our library to be state of the art in every respect, including these:
• Our leadership and management team
• Our customer service staff
• Our Board of Directors
• Our capabilities and responsiveness to our users, the community and our region
• Our delivery of services
• Our technology, systems and procedures
• Our entire library environment -- including the new building and all its parts
• Our financial systems, practices and operating structures
• Our fund-raising and our donor relations
• Our communication with our user community and all our stakeholders
• Our foresight and our ability to innovate and adapt to changing needs; and,
• In the example we set and the attitude we have in welcoming and serving everyone.
To make this Vision a reality, our Board is already working to understand, re-think and optimize every facet of our library in preparation for our new building and the new library it will house.