Library Card Application
It’s free and one card is good at all Chester County Library System libraries! Fill out the Library Card Application below.
You are eligible for a free library card if you live, work, own property or attend school in Chester County. Out-of-county residents who are ACCESS PA cardholders qualify for a free library card under the ACCESS PA Statewide Library card program. For all others who wish to obtain a library card, but do not meet eligibility requirements listed above, an Out-of-County fee of up to $20 may apply.
Submit Forms & ID
Bring the form to any Chester County Library with valid ID (i.e., driver’s license) verifying your current address. Photo ID is preferred but not required, as long as the document has address information. Children may use parent or guardian ID with matching address.
Sign the library card application. Applicants must be present at the library to sign for their new card. The application of a minor younger than 18 years of age must be signed by a parent or guardian.
Apply Using Mobile App
Adults can submit an application using the Chester County Library System mobile app. Two forms of valid ID that verify current address are required when using the mobile app to apply for a library card.
With your Library Card, you have access to books, e-materials, programs and so much more!
Who Can Apply?
Anyone! (this includes all residents of Chester County, residents of surrounding counties or states)
How can you use your library card?
- Borrow books from 18 different libraries
- Check out up to 100 physical items
- Books, DVDs, audiobooks, videogames, magazines, CDs, graphic novels, wifi hotspots
- Use museum passes
- Longwood Gardens, American Helicopter Museum & Education Center
- Check out 8 items on Overdrive/Libby
- eBooks, eAudiobooks (for all ages)
- Check out magazines on Flipster
- Access to over 40 databases
- InterLibrary Loan
- Borrow items from libraries outside the Chester County Library System
Loan Periods, Renewals & Returns
- Items for 21 days:
Books, audiobooks, music CDs, graphic novels
- Items for 14 days:
- Items for 7 days:
DVDs, children DVDs, magazines
Can renew up to 2 times
(unless item has a hold)
- First time, another 3 weeks
- Second time, another 1 week
- $.25/day for adult items
- $.15/day for children items